Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random thoughts

So over the weekend I lost my internet-yeah no big news-but that made me think about SL in general. I don't know how many people are like me, but out of your friend list how many people on that list do you know their first names? How much personal information do you know?

I know hardly any-which is scary-I have a few people that I talk to consistantly and one or two I'm not really sure of their first names. Why? I don't know it never came up I guess. But since they live so far away and I don't know much information about them then what would happen if they just didn't log on for days, weeks, months. What could I do then? I wouldn't know what happened to them, they could have just stopped coming online, they could have lost their internet like me-or something else more serious could have happened (I'm not saying what because it's too sad). I'm the type of person where if you friend me I will be your friend for life, even if I don't know you very well I will be sad if you disappeared or if something happened to you in RL. It's just how I am I feel bad about everything.

I'm not expecting people to tell other's everything about each, I don't think I ever would, I won't be friends on facebook with them or anything-I guess I would say keep SL in SL.

I got a notice today from one of my groups about this girl in Brazil I believe who has been missing for four days, before she went missing she had told someone that she was going to meet someone from SL. It's a sad story.

I don't know if I'm adequately explaining what I'm trying to say, but just think about it-I mean you can be as close to someone as you want it's your SL.

And also I don't know if the missing girl story is true, but if you EVER meet someone from SL or from the internet in general-please be careful-you never know and that is what is scary. Get someone to go with you meet them in the most public place possible. Just b/c he's lovey dovey super hubby in SL doesn't mean he's not creep-o dude in RL.

Just my 2 cents for the day.

My rez day is in less than a month-wow crazy. I dug up some early Amie pictures that I will post :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I've blogged about it in the past.

I have a friend who is dying of cancer, and we've talked about me holding her password safe until her family lets me know via email that shes gone, and I'll log in as her and tell all her friends. Its a sad reality - but I think we all should have that back up... not just in SL, but other online places like Facebook, MySpace, MSN etc.
It really worries me that I just wouldnt know the fate of so many of my online friends. So scary.