Sunday, December 13, 2009

Computer update

Well I don't know what the heck is going on with it. It kept dying on me-freezing then going to a blue screen and yelling at me by making a clicking noise. Well it hasn't done it since Tuesday and then I restarted and did microsoft updates and when it came back on it said malicious items were removed. It hasn't died since then. So don't know. I still haven't really been back on SL b/c that's when it seems like it makes the most noise in my modem-Sigh.

I hate technology.

2 comments:

Definitely Gibbs said...

Don't hate technology, Amie!
Probably you just need to format the OS. It's very easy, just make sure you have the original MS Windows install CD. Then move all the documents/pictures in your hard disk into an external memory drive, so you don't lose a thing.
Then insert the Windows CD in the CD-slot, and an automated process will guide you thru the re-installation of the OS, and you 'll end up having a brand new computer, absolutely virus-free. the only downside is, that you 'll have to reinstall all the software you need, from MS Office to whatever game/application you are currently using, and don't forget Second Life, lol.
If you don't want to do it yourself, you can ask a friend or some computer nerd(!) to do it.
Good luck!

Amie Adamski said...

I think that may be what I have to do-but it hasn't died in a week and is somewhat quiet sooooooooooo....keeping fingers crossed but any noise it makes I freak out.

Just the thought of reinstalling everything-argh don't want to think about it.

Again keeping fingers crossed.