Sunday, October 25, 2009

What I love about SL

So over the weekend I was talking to a friend about SL. I explained to her what it was and what goes on to which I got a blank stare and a "why do you play it" comment. I really don't know why I keep coming back. I joined SL for a library school class and thought it was going to be a stupid assignment. A year later and I'm still here. I don't know it's a nice escape, I get to dress in cute clothes that I wish I had in RL and I have met some really great people that live all over the world. I get to listen to some awesome musicians and just dance around and look silly.

So I decided to do a little thing every week (which probably won't happen) on things I love about SL-why because well why not.

So my first thing is.....

I love my glasses!
My glasses :)

Sort of lame but yeah you know. Glasses were my first purchase in SL. I don't know why I needed glasses maybe because I wear them in RL and tried to look a bit like myself but a year later and I still have them. I have always worn them I will take them off for a little while but I always put them right back on because I think little Amie looks weird without them (yeah and this is probably when people are telling me-maybe you have been in SL for too long..) I've had three pairs of glasses in SL that I have worn. My first pair which I think I edited to heck and were permanently crooked on my face were from Americamura, which I could find a lm for b/c the one I had was not the store-they were 100L when I searched for cheap glasses back then . My second pair were from Arai which I couldn't find a lm for either it just brought me to a street with stores around it sigh , and my third and the ones I wear now are from Nala.

Not many people wear glasses in SL-but then not many do in RL either. I don't know if it's just because I wear them in both worlds, but I'm always more fond of men who wear glasses LOL.

My love posts will get better-I've just had people this week tell me I should get rid of my glasses and then maybe I would find a man in SL (LOL I didn't know them very well and no I'm not looking for a man in SL).

2 comments:

Emerald Wynn said...

YAY! I bought glasses as one of my first purchases too! My plan was to be this kind of snarky, glasses-wearing blogger. Didn't work out. I still love wearing my glasses occasionally, although I have updated them significantly.

I love your "Why I Love SL" posts -- that's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love wearing my glasses, but dont like it when they attach to the same place as my eyelashes. lol

Great post Amie - and we are glad youve stuck around!